Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Murder of Crows : The Nature of Things with David Suzuki : CBC-TV

A Murder of Crows : The Nature of Things with David Suzuki : CBC-TV

With the recent talk of the intelligence of crows , I remembered this documentary from a couple of years ago . I thought you might be interested. Take a peek at the crow learning experiment to see just how close to human these amazing birds are.


Another place you might like to visit is www.npr.org 

If you type 'The Crow Paradox' in the search window you will see a post on Krulwich Wonders Blog about crows with a particularly challenging interactive game that puts you against crows when it comes to face recognition.  I can honestly say I failed miserably. Try it . And tell me I am not a total wash up.

3 comments:

  1. I saw this documentary. It is time that we recognize that animals have intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All animals and insects have intelligence and have always respected that in each and everyone of them. I wish more people did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely take a look at this. I featured a similar documentary at Nature Center Magazine. It told about many aspects of the intelligence of crows. We were lucky enough to be able to share the full documentary.

    ReplyDelete