Sunday, January 29, 2012

What a Busy Space It Is!

My brother , the skywatcher , telescope -to -be -someday builder and ham radio operator is always looking and listening to the skies . Ham Radio fellows need to know what activity is going on . When and where interference will be in the world is key to being able to communicate with others. This is one website used by these radio enthusiasts. It takes the data from many key websites and conveniently puts them in one place for easy access.

Do you have a cell phone, wiifii,satellite TV,internet... then you might want a heads up if you have important things to do . Just when will be the best time to make that important overseas call...or  post that blog.

Really , this is an interesting site with high science and math needed to fully understand but it fascinating . Click the links . There is a wealth of knowledge out there.




HF Propagation and Solar-Terrestrial Data

www.hamqsi.com/solar3html#hfprop

2 comments:

  1. I know that things like this should interest me...but I tend to find it gives me a headache....Yes I have my blog which I enjoy sharing with others....apart from that I would be very happy to go back to basics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right that not all things are easy to get into. I leave this to my brother who so kindly puts it in language I can understand. But believe it or not there are quite a few viewers who do. Just thought I'd would put it out there. Mostly for me it is a curiosity. My preferred science is more folk than choke.

    ReplyDelete